Marketing Content Manager – Internship
Our mission is simple: Democratize Opportunity.
Arbol is a platform connecting low-income students with financial, community, and networking support. By integrating social networking and financial services in a single platform, Arbol helps students in need pay for their non-tuition expenses providing them recurring micro-grants and connecting them to a community of supporters. Arbol enables supporters to give their time, talent, network and treasure to the students of their choice, while providing them one-to-one connection, proof of impact and transparency.
There are over 8 million low income college students in the US, but only 2 out of every 10 graduate. Failure to meet their basic needs while attending classes and the lack of community support are the top drivers for the low graduation rate. Arbol aspires to improve the graduation rate by providing student’s the financial and community support that they need.
Overview of Position
Arbol recently launched an MVP in partnership with Villa Maria College, D’Youville College, and the Urban League of Rochester. The beta program consists of 15 student participants and will serve as a testing group for Arbol’s core features before publicly launching the platform in the later part of 2022. As the Marketing Content Manager Intern, you will work in a small team directly with founding members of Arbol to contribute to the planning, development, and execution of online content to increase web traffic and brand awareness.
In this role, you will immerse yourself in the FinTech startup industry to understand the pain points of our myriad audiences. You are responsible for delivering high-quality, exceptional content pieces, stories, and marketing collateral to drive our digital marketing engine.
- Produce well-researched content for thought leadership, demand generation, internal and external publications
- Follow an editorial calendar, collaborating with other members of the team to ensure timely delivery of materials
- Develop related content for multiple platforms, such as websites, social media, email marketing, product descriptions, videos, and blogs
- Use search engine optimization (SEO) strategies in writing to maximize the online visibility of a website in search results
- Researching industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
- Writing clear marketing copy to promote our products/services
- Proofread and edit blog posts before publication
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Currently enrolled in a Villa Maria College degree program
- 0-1 years experience in a related role such as Social Media Manager, Digital Marketer, Brand Strategist, etc. (School counts as experience)
- Experience with using Canva
- Managing multiple tasks and projects at the same time in a small team
- Fairly independent, can take a task and run with it
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Familiarity with WordPress is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with colleagues (we’re a small team in an early-stage startup, we talk with each other a lot!)
- Ability to have fun
- It can move fast in a startup! Able to take breaks when needed
How to Apply