The Make Waves Scholarship
The Scholarship for supporting GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS
Shaping the success of future generations
The increasingly expensive cost of education calls for a solution to keep more students in school and graduating.
What the Scholarship provides
Up to $1,500 in financial aid
Students will receive up to $1,500 in financial aid each semester until graduation to help alleviate financial stresses. The money is for the students and does not have to be paid back.
By participating in the Make Waves scholarship, internship opportunities can open up at Fresh Catch, a local Buffalo poke restaurant, for students.
Students will learn the power of giving back by getting food to people who need it through participating in FeedMore WNY events.
Learn more about the program
Am I eligible to apply?
Applicants must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- Plan to enroll full-time or part-time in their freshman year of study at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States in Fall 2022. Eligible students are:
- First generation and/or low-income
- Or have demonstrated a financial burden (e.g. working full-time while in school, cannot afford living expenses, etc.)
- Culinary student is a plus
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- Have a desire to be successful in an area of interest
- Be a United States (US) citizen, US permanent resident (holder of a Permanent Resident Card), or an individual granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program (DACA)
Would you like to be notified about more scholarship funds like Make Waves? You can receive news and updates by signing up for our newsletter.